“The thing about goals is that living without them is a lot more fun, in the short run. It seems to me, though, that the people who get things done, who lead, who grow and who make an impact… those people have goals.” —Seth Godin
“You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.” —Steve Garvey
“By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.” —Mark Victor Hansen
Ok, so I have never been one to formally set New Years Resolutions. I mean in my head I think of some things I want to improve on and try my best to do them but I have never actually sat down and written them out, nor been accountable for completing them. After reading a number of bloggers posts on New Years Resolutions and this article my mom sent me 18 Motivational Quotes About Successful Goal Setting which the above quotes are from I though you know what I really want to set some goals for myself and stick to it and what better way to make myself accountable then to share them with the world ?
So here it goes…
- Make the first thing and the last thing I drink every day a glass of water.
- Turn my hangers around and wear everything in my closet at least once.
- Exercise at minimum of 3 times a week.
- Read at least 1 book a month.
- Learn to shoot using manual settings.
- Learn and use Pintrest to increase traffic to my blog.
- Fit into the clothing in the box labeled “Too Small Summer” I’ve had shoved in my closet since last winter by summer 2017.
- Build a king size bed frame and finally get my box spring and mattress off the ground.
So there they are. I will do a post at the end of the year recapping how I did on my resolutions and I believe that you should never stop improving so I may just add to them throughout the year if there are other areas I want to improve on or things I want to accomplish this year.
I would love to hear from you on if you set New Years Resolutions and if you do what they are?